Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A King, Low Tea and Fashion Oh My

A healthy future king of England was born and I was there to celebrate with the masses yesterday. Cheers to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Today I got to have my first ever " low tea" at the delightfully beautiful "Orangery at Kensington Palace". The Orangery was something out of a Jane Austen book. The room where we had our low tea was airy and sunny. The walls were a beautiful shade of white with pastels through out. The china set that we were served on was splendid. It was Tiffany blue with detailed flowers. The tea was perfect and I loved the little sugar cubes. I enjoyed the different pastries, but I was slightly scared of some of the finger sandwiches. I can now say that I have had a cucumber sandwich and liked it.
The best thing about today was the " Fashion Rules" exhibit at Kensington Palace. I got to see some of the dresses that were worn by Queen Elizabeth, Princess Diana and Princess Margaret ( my mom is named after her ). The detail and craftsmanship on those clothes was amazing and it left me speechless. Some of Princess Diana's dresses I recognized from the countless magazines and TV shows about her. The inner Melissa started screaming "oh my God, oh my God" in her little girl voice. I totally think that Princess Margaret didn't get enough recognition for her beauty and grace. I guess that is what happens when you are the baby sister of the Queen of England.

No comments:

Post a Comment