Monday, July 15, 2013

Authors and Vampires

Monday, July, 15, 2013 I have to say that today was a very relaxing day. There was no rush to get my morning coffee to wake me up and my lovely group took a short tube ride to Camden to spend the morning on the river. It was a very pleasant experience. The best part for me was seeing the giant mansions on the water. I am not joking when I say that some of these homes were the size of hotels. I found myself wondering what Duke & Duchess, Lord & Lady lived here or there. For all I know we probably passed by Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's little home. This afternoon my roommate and I attended the book signing of Charlaine Harris. For those of you all who don't know who that is, she is the author of the "Sookie Stackhouse Novels". If that book series doesn't ring any bells; well you know the television show on the cable network HBO called True Blood? See I knew that would strike a cord, that TV show is based on that book series. The author was in London to sign copies of the last book in the series " Dead Ever After". I don't actually remember the last time I attended a book signing and this opportunity came out of no where. Kristyn (my roommate) and I were walking home from dinner on a quiet little street where we noticed a cute bookstore. The bookstore had an advertisement for the book signing. We knew that it was something that we couldn't miss and decided to go. It was a really great decision we had a fabulous time. And I got to meet the woman who brought the beautiful vampire "Eric Northman" into my life. I have I had a crush on him since the beginning on the book series. I am such a "fan girl" when it comes to the Sookie Stackhouse series. I watch the show True Blood and get into debates with my friends when I tell them that the books are better than the show. Over all today went very well. The heat wave here wasn't as bad and I even got a little nap. Tomorrow we are off to Oxford. I can't wait for that little adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment