Sunday, July 28, 2013

This Is Not Goodbye. It Is See You Soon.

My time here in London is drawing to a close. The three weeks went by very quickly. It seemed like it took forever for me to get to London, only for the days here to speed by. There are still so many things that I went to do! I decided that I will visit and see the things that I missed on this trip when I bring my family back soon. I really want to go and see east London because I have heard so many great things about it. Today I went to the Queen's home again at Buckingham Palace. I have been there a couple of times on this trip, first at the Coronation Festival and then to celebrate the arrival of HRH Prince George; but I didn't get the opportunity to go visit the state rooms until today. Everything was so regal and beautiful, it was just how I imagined it in my head. I enjoyed listening to the audio tour and taking in my surroundings. The palace tour was by far the highlight of my time in London. I am really going to miss London and my classmates. I greatly enjoyed getting to know each and everyone of them and building great friendships. I am going to miss laughing and having inside jokes with my friends here, and sharing our thoughts and feelings about our experiences that we went through together from climbing the steps of St. Paul's cathedral; meeting the actor from the TV show "Being Human"; late night runs to Burger King; mini shopping trips; trying to figure out the tube; watching my classmate Annette take pictures of beautiful British men; laughing uncontrollably with Kristyn, Lauren and Brianna; complaining about the heat wave; talking about theater life with Carolyn; listening to Liz discuss how to improve school libraries; having Nicole try to explain the world of Doctor Who; giving beautiful Katie the star treatment for our group video; discussing the art form of Scones with Melissa I; keeping up with Martha and Crystal because I knew we would get to our destination safely; the Camden music scene; hanging out with the world's media while waiting for Prince George to arrive; the birth of Prince George; and my personal favorite, thinking it was a good idea to ride a bicycle from Buckingham Palace to our flat on Great Russell along with London traffic. I have so many great stories to tell my family and friends who I miss dearly when I get home. Thankfully, I also have lots and LOTS of pictures that I took of my time here to share with them. I can't wait to see my mom, big sister and dog. I bought them a lot of things over my three week stay here and I can't wait to show them. I had to buy two extra bags. I know traveling through Heathrow will be a pain but I don't regret any of the stuff that I bought them. I am going to miss my classmates a lot. I am grateful that I got to meet really, kind, smart, funny people. I was granted a great opportunity. I would really like to live in London; being here the last three weeks has cemented that fact. I don't know when I will be back, but London I will see you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. My grrl - you are a true star! You are beautiful, talented, naturally curious and gregarious, and it has been my honor to get to know you. You will go far; just always be true to yourself, love!

    ReplyDelete